The Famous Shoe-On-Fire Photo

The Famous Shoe-On-Fire Photo
One day at the Beale apartment, Chuck decided it was funny to light his shoe sole on fire.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brief List of Chuckisms: A.K.A. Annoying Repeated Phrases!

"You owe me money!" (from George C. Scott in The Hustler)

"Billy, is it OK if I kill you?" ...or... "Billy, is it OK if I tear up your comic books?"

"You know what? Everything tastes better when it sits on Ritz!" (designed to irritate co-workers at Roa. County)

Pronouncing the word garbage "gabbage". Related to "bad cabbage".

References to Mr. Natural, the Freak Brothers, the Checkered Demon and Mickey Rat.

References to George Jones & Merle Haggard.

"Oh well, well well" (from John Lennon song Well Well Well)

"Do you sell Tree Frog beer? (or other beers with progressively weirder names). No? Then I'm going to come down there and kick your ass."

"Camp Wallawhatoola"

Chuck told me that the "F" I received in the class "Computer, Friend or Foe" stood for Foe.

"Joe Bag of Donuts & tomato can" (boxing slang)

"He was poking his finger in my face" (favorite line from a story about Ringo Starr & Paul McCartney)

"I'll bark at you later."

"If I'm up, you're up." (borrowed from Mike White) --Bill

"Git on witcha… ya gimme heartboin!" (apparently from Bugs Bunny so sez Ashley).

"It won't dog down!"
"You mean it won't go down?"
"No, I mean it won't dog down!" (exchange between Chuck and one of his beloved elderly Roanoke County colleagues)---Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment